MakeUseOf Answers

Kenny Goodmans Blog

What going on around the world?

Israeli stocks on Wall St

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Why I left Google. What happened to my book. What I work on at Facebook. » THINK OUTSIDE IN

Why I left Google. What happened to my book. What I work on at Facebook. » THINK OUTSIDE IN: "Google is an engineering company, and as a researcher or designer, it’s very difficult to have your voice heard at a strategic level. Ultimately I felt that although my research formed a cornerstone of the Google social strategy, and I had correctly predicted how other products in the market would play out, I wasn’t being listened to when it came to executing that strategy. My peers listened intently, but persuading the leadership was a losing battle. Google values technology, not social science. I also moved because the culture had changed dramatically in the few years I was at Google. It became much more bureaucratic and political."

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Licence